It’s all too common to see “fear appeals” used to stimulate users to keep their guards up against the enormous amount of cybercriminal activity that arises online every day. The term FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) was initially coined in the 1970s about IBM’s marketing technique of spreading scary rumors about a competitor’s new product.
One of the common cybersecurity criminals evolves in business emails. The money being transacted through electronic funds transfer by any organization’s email compromise victims increases as cybersecurity criminals have developed their fraud scheme to the next level.
A hefty amount of money was lost, leading to financial and emotional despair and, in several cases, a self-murder-the worst result that business email compromise (BEC) has on victims.
Cybercriminals attempt to misuse human or security vulnerabilities to directly obtain/steal passwords, data, or money. The most common cyber threats include:
- Hacking – that includes social media, website, and email passwords
- Phishing – bogus emails asking for security information and personal details
- Malicious software – including ransomware through which criminals hijack files and hold them to ransom
- Distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks against websites – often accompanied by extortion
E-commerce is a vast platform, and marketing on the Internet has been growing at an unprecedented rate worldwide. Due to the rapid growth in email marketing, wire transferred by business email compromise victims such as specific unethical marketing on the Internet like selling data, pop-ups, accept cookies, spam has become a matter of concern.
Pop-Ups are separate windows that can be seen on a browser while searching on a site. They provide hyperlinks to the user that redirects them to other windows if clicked. While email pop-ups ads have been rated as most hated advertising on the Internet, it has been used to entice customers and redirects to the email subscription. Some visitor’s sign-up frustratingly to get rid of pop-ups, or some customers mark it as SPAM. The RESULT? people are forced to engage and subscribe.
Email spam is unsolicited messages sent in bulk in our email, repetitive and hard to avoid. Malicious links are the most dangerous in the spam folder; such spam can be dangerous as they try to get your bank details to withdraw money. Moreover, a phishing email is an online scam where fraudulent parodies legitimate institutions via email, messages, ads that mispresents the institute website and cleverly make you type your personal information appearing as an official site. BEC (Business Email Compromise)- The messages are sent in the form of voice notes, telephonic, or emails to create urgency on making an unauthorized transfer to the stranger who acts as a representative of the company in a top position.
To maintain a relation between reputation and deliverability, it is essential to monitor the sender’s reputation and hold it at the highest level. This is only possible if the sender is searching for a route to eradicate spam and provide authorized emails to ease the sender’s inbox experience during a money transaction. “Sender reputation offers a unique insight into the source of each email, making it a key component in the filtering process.”
- Cybercrime is a threat worldwide. Criminals and the technical infrastructure they use are often based overseas, making international collaboration essential.
- We provide Cyber consulting & Cyber Advisory role
- Security Assessment and Gap Analysis
- VAPT of network and application
- Cyber Framework and Policy build
- Preparation for ISO, SOX, and regulator audits.
- We have effective partnerships with the email protection and endpoint security solutions to help you safeguard internal and external email information.
Maximal cyber-attacks could be prevented by taking these basic security steps to safeguard organizations critical cybersecurity information:
- Choose strong passwords and don’t reuse them for multiple logins
- Install security software such as anti-virus and two-factor authentication. This kind of software is often available for free.
- Keep all security software and operating systems updated (set to update automatically)
Contact our Cybersecurity expert team for a free demonstration for email protection solutions and briefing for deployment strategy within your environment.